Hi to the 'Nuggles fan club, and welcome to the lovely Autumn season! This is my most favorite time of the year. Here's a few reasons why:
- the beautiful showcase of colored trees across the hills and valleys and alongside the streets and walkways (throw in an incredible sunrise or sunset, and I am left in awe at God's handiwork),
- the abundance of pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING,
- the undercurrent of excitement and anticipation for the holiday season, and
- the sense that everyone seems to be a bit softer and kinder.
Oh yeah, and sales. I love sales. Haha. 😊 *hint, hint* We've got some good sales going! Be sure to check those out before you leave!
Anyway, let me take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Kelsi Marie, a senior at the University of Tulsa, and I am a non-typical 21-year-old.
You may ask, what on earth does that mean? Well, let's just take a look at some things I enjoy:
- classical, solo piano music
- crocheting & DIY projects
- rainy days, curled up in my recliner
- nature photography
- lots of fruits & veggies
...just to name a few random things. Random should have been my middle name, I think. I'm also a pretty passionate person, and I believe in giving everything you've got in whatever you may do. Besides, if it's worth your time, it's worth doing well!
That being said, I am super excited to start writing for 'Nuggles blog! I've got all kinds of ideas, but would also love your input. What are some things you'd like to see when you come visit? Let me know in the comments!
To wrap up, I thought I'd share a few fun facts about fashion.
Did you know...?
- Over a lifetime, an American woman will spend $125,000 on clothes, consisting of 3,000 items - 271 pairs of shoes, 185 dresses, and 145 bags. (WHAT?!)
- Children dressed identically to adults until the mid-1800s, when the concept of children's clothing took off.
- It was once taboo to wear black unless one was in mourning. (Can you imagine?)
- A sneakerhead is someone who collects shoes. (I could probably be called a sneakerhead... How many of YOU could be??)
- The skirt is the second oldest piece of clothing, outdated only by the loincloth.
Who would have thought?
Happy Sunday, and have a wonderful week! Be sure to check back each Sunday for a new post!