*It's the most wonderful time of the year..!*
That is, until you are suddenly overwhelmed with the list of gifts yet to either be wrapped or purchased; the mounting pile of laundry from too many social gatherings and shopping trips and not enough "stay-at-home" time; and the seemingly endless list of other things to accomplish before the weekend of Christmas.
It's only 3 weeks away, you know. 😊
Though this time of the year is filled with lots of laughter, fun with friends and family, and really great food, it can be an extremely stressful time. We all need to sneak in a few moments of peace and quiet to regain some sanity. But how? Here's just a few things I've found helpful.
- Be an early bird (or a night owl). If you wake up 30 minutes earlier than the rest of the household, or go to bed a little later, then you'll find some good, quality time to yourself. But make sure to make that time for YOU - not more cleaning, laundry, Christmas-present-wrapping, or anything else.
- Volunteer to run the errands. This works great if you're still living at home with parents (or married, haha), and just need to get a little alone time. Ask Mom or Dad (or spouse) if they have a list of things they need - it's almost guaranteed they'll say yes!
- Say no. WHAT? Yes, that's right. You don't have to accept every single social outing invitation. Besides, social events are no fun if you're running on empty, so sometimes saying "no" is definitely the better option.
- Know your limits. This ties in with #3, and it is so important! Beyond knowing your limits, it's essential that you actually do something when you realize you've reached your limit. It's even better if you catch it before a minor mental breakdown ensues.
- Don't forget to pray. Talking to Jesus before the madness of the day gets going can make all the difference in the world.
And if things really get too overwhelming for you... Just come on over the 'Nuggles and see what kind of holiday deals we've got going on. That's sure to calm all your nerves. 😉
How about you? What do you do in order to keep from absolutely losing your mind in the midst of the December rush? Comment and let me know!
I hope you all enjoy "the most wonderful time of the year"! I know that I certainly am!
Until next time,