Happy Tuesday everyone! #daylatepost #apologies I hope you all are fairing well. Can you believe it’s almost February already?! Blows my mind. That means only 95 days until graduation. Kinda, sorta, super pumped about that! 😊 Anyway, back to the subject at hand…
Every now and then, when I’m feeling sympathetic (ha), I try to look at things from a different perspective. (By the way, being in a relationship really helps you do this.)
Let’s face it… Us women are, at times, complete conundrums.
What does that mean exactly? It’s simply “a confusing and difficult problem or question.” Here are some great examples:
- Why is a circular pizza stored in a square box?
- It’s okay for a child to read about a cow jumping over the moon, but they can’t jump off the couch?
- If you try to fail, and you succeed, which have you done?
Not only do I seem to have a lot of conundrums on a day-to-day basis, but I can become one!
I noticed the other day that I was searching for something to wear the next day, and for the life of me couldn’t find anything suitable. So, what did I say?
“I have too many clothes.”
It struck me as so hilarious. Recalling this moment triggers other things in a woman’s life that are like that. (Side note: there’s actually a cute little song out there that helped me think of some of these things.)
- We decorate with towels that we won’t let anyone get wet.
- We have a “closet full of nothing to wear,” and so many shoes that we feel we need another pair.
- When we use the word “fine,” everyone knows that whatever the situation is, it is definitely NOT fine.
- “Go away” generally means “stay right here.”
- “I don’t care” is a most dangerous, precarious phrase.
- We’re somehow still right… even if we and everyone around us knows that we are 100% wrong.
Just to name a few.
And I know guys have their own conundrum-like tendencies as well – but I’m a woman, so definitely more familiar with ours. 😊 Isn’t it amazing that, despite those crazy, quirky ways we have, there are people in our lives that still love us? So, THANK YOU to all of those men out there that deal with us. You know you’d get so bored if we weren’t around, anyway. 😉
More incredible than that is the God of all creation still loves us, though He sees all the flaws, even the ones we don’t admit or even see.
He isn’t obligated to us and doesn’t need us in order to go on, yet when we surrender to Him, He chooses to call our hearts His home. What a great God we serve!
I hope you all have a wonderful week! Stay grateful.
P.S. – Be on the lookout for other strange conundrums in your life – they are everywhere! (Like, why do I park in a driveway? Goodness.)